Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Weekend tease.

So we had the first beautiful weekend of the year. Last week I was hoping to go for a bike ride on Sunday. Unfortunately, as the weekend drew closer and closer, and after tow nights at the office to 10pm, it became clear that I was going to need to work on the weekend. I suppose I got up before 11 am I would only have needed to work on Saturday, but it's still the weekend, and I still sleep like a college student, consequently I sat in front of a computer Saturday and Sunday afternoon. ::sigh:: Somehow telling myself that I got more experience in AJAX technologies isn't particularly satisfying.

In other news...damn how about that sweep of the Yankees! The back to back to back to back home runs were almost orgasmic to watch. I'm still a little concerned that we only one the whole series by 4 or 5 runs against a team that doesn't have ANYONE to pitch, but I'll take the result.

I went grocery shopping last night and noticed a woman checking out the expiration dates on the bottled water. This bothered me for two reasons. 1)Water has an expiration date?!?! Do the polar water molecules eventually eat away the plastic or something and make the water less safe? I find this unlikely. Is there a chemist lurking on this blog that can explain this to me? 2)The expiration date wasn't for like 2 years (after the woman looked at them i felt the need to do it myself), how long are you going to hoard water in your apartment? Are you planning for the apocolypse? Why would spend money on bottled water and then not drink it?

Two weekends ago I went through a downloading binge (what else are you doing to do on a rainy Sunday), and today I got around to thinking, I wonder if I shoudl download songs that I have tapes for. It's not like you can easily rip them to a computer, or like I ever listen to them, but a lot of them have music I like. I just get hung up on the fact that I paid for the music once (even if it was like 15 years ago), and I don't want to do it again.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 4/25/2007 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing I can think of for the water is that I've heard that bacteria can eventually grow in it. But I thought that was only for water you put in the bottle yourself. If a bottle is totally sealed and the water in it is sterilized, I don't know how bacteria could grow in it. I guess my conclusion is, I don't know why there's an expiration date on water.

 
At 4/26/2007 1:22 AM, Blogger Kris said...

Those back to back to back home runs were pretty crazy..you do have to feel sorry (just a tad) for the pitcher anyways.

 
At 4/27/2007 11:32 PM, Blogger ndheathen said...

You never need to feel bad for the opposing players of a team you hate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home