Monday, April 03, 2006

Opening Day

I'm going to miss having TV at my desk. That was a definite perk of working in Bristol. There was always so much baseball.

For you Yankee Haters, this is entertaining.

An interesting fact about living in New York. There are people in the world who legitimately care about the Mets. Growing up in CT, everyone either rooted for the Red Sox, or the Yankees. Occasionally you'd find that weird guy in the corner of a room that rooted for the Mets, but no one really paid attention to him. In 4 years of college Kat was the only Mets fan I came across, and I wouldn't consider her particularly passionate about them. I did know 2 when I was working in Bristol, but finding a sports fan at ESPN is like finding a college student on a university campus, its really just not that surprising.

Anyway, here in NY, I'd say its like 60/40 Yankees and Mets. The Mets fans seem to hold their own. I'd never really seen them in significant numbers. I just looked at them as the other NY team. People actually don a significant amount of Mets regalia.

Anyway, CBS has finished with their pomp and circumstance and the National Championship game has started. I'll have another post after the game (though it will probably have almost nothing to do with it.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home