Monday, April 03, 2006

Feminist Ha Ha

When I got to my apartment building, there were 2 other tenants, along with 2 guys from Fresh Direct delivering groceries all arriving at the same time. One of the tenants was a woman who was wearing scrubs. As the Fresh Direct guys were leaving to make their delivery, once of them decided that was a good time to strike up a conversation with the woman.

"So, are you a nurse?"

"Actually, I'm a doctor."

BAM! Talk about a rejection. The three of us remaining were all grinning on the way up to the top floor. It was highly entertaining.

Now, in all honesty, I would have guessed that she was a nurse. I would have put her at about 28, which I guess is a reasonable to have obtained an MD at, but my first impression was that she was too young to be a doctor. Also, whenever I had to go to a doctor's office for a required physical, the doctors (aside from always being male) always wore pants, a collared shirt, and a tie, while the nurses all wore scrubs of some sort. Now, the Columbia Medical Center effectively being next door, I would surmise that she is probably some sort of surgeon, and probably in residency, which makes the scrubs make a lot more sense. It also makes me glad that I elected not to say anything so I can kick back and laugh at other people's embarrassment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home