Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A month late, Part 2

Sorry about the delayed response. My life has been busy and has taken some interesting turns as of late. Details will come whenever I get around to posting again.

When I woke up the next morning (after like 4 hours of sleep) I actually debated going to the hotel gym and working out since I knew my friends had adjusted a little better to the local time (and were much drunker then i when we went to bed) to kill some time, but ended up deciding against and they managed to wake up not too long after me. We spent most of the day hanging out by the lazy river at the MGM Grand pool. It was pretty solid except for the few spots where I missed with the sunscreen.

Later in the afternoon we decided to go gamble. As a group its the worst we've ever done. I was the highpoint and ended up like $13. It just wasn't our day at the poker tables. After giving up the fruitless gambling, I think we chilled for a bit and then went out to the a club that night (I think it was the Jungle Room, but I don't remember completely because I'm doing this a month late.) I'm generally not one for clubs, but this wasn't too bad since there was a decent variety of music played, there was some occasional trapeze entertainment, and there were actually several people there i liked, which is usually not the case on those off days i end up in a club.

As the night wound down, we had some drunken munchies and decided to hit up McDonald's. About 6 spots ahead of us in line, some guys decided to be assholes and buy 99 Cheeseburgers. (99 because that's the max the computer would allow). This caused us to sit in line for 20 minutes as the late night crew churned out 99 cheeseburgers. I'm pretty sure half the line wanted to kick the crap out of them.

The next day was a low key day where we rented a cabana at the Palms and hung out by the pool. If you have enough people and the money, i highly recommend cabanas, particularly if you're sunburned and theres 100 degree desert heat. After a day of doing mostly nothing (which was very nice), we went out to see Cirque du Soleil that night. The one we saw was La Reve (sorry I can't find a good link) which was pretty much the most amazing set I've ever seen in my life. I HIGHLY recommend it next time anyone finds him or herself in Vegas.

After a I drink I parted ways with everyone and embarked on my red eye flight back to NY (since I had to work Monday). I was hoping to be tired enough to sleep all the way through. Unfortunately some idiot woman in front of who brought her cat on the plane, let it out of the carrier. This had the flight crew chasing this cat around the cabin for 15 minutes as those of us who had been sleeping were roused.

Anyway, I made it back to NY alive, and was at work by 10 am on Monday. A little late, but acceptable. I was actually surprised how well I functioned through the day, though I was pretty much exhausted by the time I made it home from work.

That's the end of the Vegas story. Hopefully this week will be light enough that I will get home and not be completely drained which will allow me to update everyone on the other interesting things going on in my life.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home