Monday, January 30, 2006

No luck at the poker table.

The bad beats were flying left and right tonight and I was certainly victim of this. Aside from having just generally crappy hands most of the night, and combining tables when we were down to 8 people meaning I had a relatively small stack compared to the majority of the table, it was just all around badness this evening. (English teachers, please ignore the atrocious grammar of the previous sentence.) Anyway, my final 3 hands, AJ off suit (was ahead and lost on the river). KQ off suit (was ahead and lost on the river). A10 suited (my all-in hand), was ahead pre-flop, then the flop came and the other 2 people in both paired their Q's. Not that I was playing particularly well when there were 2 tables, but to get the shaft after being dealt 3 good hand for 3 out of the last 4 I was in and lose on all of them was just very frustrating.

Song: Toxicity - System of a Down

3 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 11:35 PM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

how would you feel if I stole your idea of naming the song i was listening to when writing my posts?

and that mystery gin and juice song is probably one of only about 3 songs that are mislabeled in my collection. i'm obsessive about it.

 
At 1/31/2006 1:04 AM, Blogger ndheathen said...

Feel free. I'm wondering how long I can actually keep it up for. I have a lot of songs that I acquired that are listed as Weezer that I'm pretty sure are Special Goodness or some other Weezer sounding band, but they were labled wrong for the start, and it would take a lot of time to track down. If I know something is wrong from the start and I don't know it, I'll list it as unkown in hopes that I'll either remember who really did it, or get the motivation to figure it out.

 
At 1/31/2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Sue Ellen Mischke said...

Thanks. My posts are usually really long, so I might have a long list of songs I listened to while blogging. Also, I often have an embarassing TV show on just for background noise (ie Grey's Anatomy or Seventh Heaven) so I might just leave that out and instead put "Song I should have been listening to while posting:"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home